Download speed issues?

booray

<p>I recently bought a new computer and it has a built-in card reader. The download speed of a card in that reader is at least twice as fast as a card in a USB connected reader (Lexar USB 2.0 multi-card reader). Is this normal? It's very frustrating because the built-in reader is broken now and I am back to super slow-poke. I miss the speed!</p>

<p>Whatever USB 2.0 connectible memory card reader you get, perhaps it will never be as fast as your computer built-in memory card reader. Exception to this rule would be that some computers utilize internal USB bus to connect the built-in memory card reader, and in this case external or internal USB connected reader will be limitted by the USB throughput, and both equally slow.</p>

<p>If your computer has an Express34 port, or eSata, or USB 3.0, then your download speed will increase with a compatible external memory card reader, but not necessarily faster than your internal computer card reader.</p>

<p>Proven fast speed memory card reader is implementation on an external Express34 card, but your computer must have an Express34 port. Then again, some computers were found with hardware implementation shortcut, with internal Express34 port implemented on an internal USB bus (imagine that!), killing the potential of fast direct connection to your computer internal bus<br>

.</p>

<p> </p>