Domke F2 Ruggedwear - too greasy?

stephen_dowling1

<p>Hello all</p>

<p>I've just bought a Domke F2 Ruggedwear camera bag - I'd seen really good reviews of it online, and it seemed the perfect size for trips away - I like to take a few spare bodies and lenses when i head off.</p>

<p>The bag looks great, but feels incredibly greasy. I know the bag gets its waterproofing qualities from the wax provided, but at the moment it feels incredibly oily... i can feel it on my finders ever time i touchit, and wonder if this is going to ruin clothing - especially if I use it in humid/hot climates (I travel as much as i can).</p>

<p>Has anyone else used the Ruggedwear version? What have been your experiences? I hope i'm just being overly cautious.</p>

<p>Many thanks<br>

<br />S</p>

<p>The material is waxed cotton, similar to the sort used in Barbour coats. It's not really suited for warm weather. Having had the coats, too, I'd not rate them highly for abrasion resistance. For me, Domke's ballistic nylon is a better choice. Have both an F2B and F1XB and love them.</p>

• 1 month later...

<p>I own the Domke F3 Ruggedwear bag. My first impression was it's a bit too greasy and I was a bit worried for my lenses. After using it for several weeks/months, the wax wore off and becomes 'normal'. I have never reapplied the wax to the bag though...</p>

<p>Out of the different Domke bags that I own, I like the regular Black or Brown F2 the most and the J3 Ballistic Nylon. The Ruggedwear finish looks good and vintage.</p>