DOH!! well, it's still a cool camera.

Stopped by a junk store today and there was a nice Zeiss Ikonta 35mm camera

with its manual sitting there asking for $55.00. I only had a twenty so I

figured I'd see if the lady was in a good mood. Well, she was, so I waltzed on

home feeling happy, only to find two on ebay for about ten bucks with no bids.

But hell, it's a cool little camera and I got to play with it before I bought

it! Perfect condition, no bumps, pristine lens.

If only I could still find film.... (just kidding.)

--w

Hey at least you didnt pay $40 because of bogus "shipping and handling" charges off evilBay! And also you got to hand inspect it instead of relying on the either untrained or purposefully deceitful inspection of an online seller. You also got to bring it home the day you bought it. Really buying things online doesnt have much charm to it, or make an interesting story, and has really begun to leave a bad taste in my mouth. I honestly wish fewer people sold things online and still hawked them to junk shops and thrift stores like the old days. ;)

Great deal!! Just last month I too picked up a Zeiss Ikon Colora 35mm camera at an antique market with a case for only $10.00. I usually don't buy old 35mm since I mainly shoot medium and large format but it looked really cool and the price was too good to pass up. I haven't seen the results from the picture I've taken with it but it's a really fun camera to use.

Enjoy your new Zeiss Ikon.<div>00LsYi-37478284.JPG.ded260a6c67a257d34d6ac29d73b1810.JPG</div>

Hey all--

Thanks for all the great responses! I'm going out to shoot with it this weekend. I'll toss up a few shots when I get the results.

I forgot to mention, I also got the instruction booklet. That's actually been the high point of the purchase. Maybe I'll try actually following the directions for once. First time in 45 years.

--ward