Dog Day Afternoon… (dogs bite)…. Defense strategies

Discussion in 'Street and Documentary' started by ray ., Jul 12, 2021.

1. I don't think Milla is our Milla :). Ludmilla do you live in England?

2. I was educated there awhile ago. I don’t think we (you, me and Ray) have met

3. Thanks Ludmilla, we have well, one of my dearest friends ever that Ray also knows who is a great photographer by the same name. Your profile pic looks like a photograph she might take. I could tell you were not her by your posts but like her you are not afraid to call someone out on their B.S. :) You two would probably like each other.

Ludmilla likes this.
  4. Hope you got your bites looked at medically. Dog bites are not to be taken lightly. Septicemia, not to mention rabies are no joking matter.

bgelfand likes this.
  5. Which one is the pit bull?;)

Allen Herbert and Sanford like this.
  6. "I don't think Milla is our Milla"
    Oh, OK thanks for the heads up Barry… Hi other Ludmilla!

Notifications to my email don't seem to work so I just randomly came back to check. Looks like everyone's been having fun.
    I did get medical treatment at the ER and took some anti-biotics and treated the wounds. Everything is good, it's just another chapter in the books now…
    I don't think I mentioned this, but to my surprise, the ER doctor said they weren't worried about rabies, because there are effectively no rabid dogs in California since immunization is so wide spread here. I got a tetanus shot instead. The tetanus shot I recall from long ago hurt like hell, but I hardly felt this one.

7. Vincent Peri

Vincent Peri Metairie, LA

I got multiple bites by two dogs a couple of months ago. I went to the emergency room in Metairie, LA (right next to New Orleans), and the doctor said the same thing - no rabies in the area for decades. I got a tetanus shot too.

8. The latest " in dog in my part of the world" is a Cane Corso...sort of like a pit bull on a triple dose of steroids'.

One was running free in a local park, generally scaring the living daylights of both man and dog. A little bloke in a shell suit, I presume the owner, was chasing and swearing at it. I was going to take a photo, but I did not feel that heroic at the time.

"In the hands of an amateur, ,a Cane Corso can be like a fully-loaded .44 magnum with the safety off."

fc8b6fc832df5dada296d6027f790880.jpg (3872×2592) (pinimg.com)

Last edited: Aug 26, 2021
  9. I always walk with a Gandalf type hiking stick. And I have been attacked several time by these type of dogs, but the hiking stick, and a load voice has fended them off.