Does your EOS digital fire TTL flash units?

NK Guy

<p>I'm trying to compile a list of which digital EOS bodies will fire TTL only (E or EZ) flash units at full power, and which won't fire them at all.<br /> It appears that the digital 1 series units will fire TTL flash units at full, whereas earlier digital consumer bodies don't fire them at all. However, at some point it seems Canon enabled full-power firing on consumer bodies.<br /> So. If you've got a digital EOS body and a TTL-only flash unit (ie: any flash unit that's NOT an EX model), could you tell me if the camera will fire the flash unit when it's in TTL mode? The flash unit mustn't be in manual mode, since all EOS bodies will fire Speedlites in manual mode.<br />This info is for an upcoming book, and I'll collate it on my Web site. (photonotes.org) Thanks in advance!<br /> - NK Guy</p>

<p>G`day, not sure if this info ok, still got a couple of 300TL`s from T90 days and problably a few out there still got them. On a D30 and 20D they`ll fire but iffy, I found a lot of fiddling around on the hotshoe to get them positioned, on the 40D was ok, on a 5D tho it never missed a beat in TTL, Hi and low modes..HTH</p>

<p>NK:<br>

I still have a 200E, and when I had a Rebel Xti, this camera would never trigger it, not full power or otherwise. I checked the contact, it's tight. My 40D on the other hand triggers full power on this flash.</p>