Does the MF-18 have an alarm?

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by raf_belgium, Apr 28, 2004.

1. Hi,

In the Nikon product brochure is written that the MF-18 databack has
    an alarm option (just like the MF-14).
    However, i don't see it on my MF-18, and there doesn't seem to be a
    symbol in the display like with the MF-14.

Can one of you please tell me:
    Is the MF-18 equiped with an alarm clock or not ?
    (and how to activate it)

thank you very much.

2. I have the MF-18b. No alarm, and it's not mentioned in the instruction manual either.<p>May I suggest a Casio or Timex quartz watch instead? It's a lot lighter than carrying the F3/MD-4/MF-18 combination just to tell the time.

3. A Casio?
    I refuse to wear something that does not say Nikon, although i have to admit the F3/MD4 combo starts to feel heavy after carrying it around for a complete week, attached to my wrist.
    Big advantage is the 8 MD4 batteries should last at least 20 years.

4. Raf:<p>I did have a Timex "Ironman" that lasted about 7 years. However, when I replaced the battery, it refused to work. With these watches, once the battery goes, it's time to throw it out.<p>Currently, I do have a Casio quartz watch, and I find it a lot easier to operate than the Timex.<p>I haven't had the MF-18 long enough to tell how long the silver oxide batteries will last.

5. It is weird that every Nikon brochure on system accessories, etc says that the MF-18 has
    an alarm, but it doesn't!!! Nor does the owners manual make any mention of such a
    "feature".
    I reckon someone who produced Nikon literature got it wrong, the proof reader missed it
    too, and they just kept on replicating the error every time a new brochure was produced.