Does the latest APS-C a6500 take the same lens adapters as the NEX-7?

carbon_dragon

I have a Nex-7 with a whole bunch of adapters for various lenses that predate the full frame sonys such as the A7s. Those adapters certainly wouldn’t be compatible with those later full frame sensors. But the 6500 is still APS-C I think so would they all work with the 6500 as well, being able to make use of it’s in body stabilization system and it’s better low light abilities? The 6500 also seems to be very light weight relative to the A7s too.

As a side note, anyone have a comment on how much better the electronic viewfinder is on the 6500 relative to the Nex-7 and how much further up the ISOs you can go with it and still get usable pictures (relative I know, I just want an idea). Thanks.

Then why is there a separate adapter for the full frames, loke the sony alpha adapters? I thought it was the full framevs APS-C thing somehow.

Sony's LA-EA series adapters have lots of features inside the mount to allow diaphragm control and auto focus. The size of the opening in the original versions was too small for full frame, so new models were introduced when the A7 camera came out.

As for generic dumb adapters, most of these are simple hollow tubes so shouldn't cause any problems on full frame. However... while the bayonet fitting hasn't changed over the years, Sony changed the mount from a hybrid metal/plastic sandwich to a single piece, all-metal design on the A7s, A6300 and later models (including the A6500). The changed tolerances mean that some adapters are too tight to fit on these cameras. The only real way to tell if they'll fit is to try them.

Hope this helps.