does the D300 offer any in screen grid for framing 8x10

adam_keller1

<p>Im shooting a D300 and do a fair bit of portrait and wedding photography. Everyone alwasys wants 8x10's which if youre cropping in camera, you kill a lot of your image. Anyone have any idea how to help this (without telling me to change cameras or something)? I was just wondering if there were a plug in or something for the D300 to be able to frame a box in the view finder to indicate where 8x10 might be. I know on older 35mm people would use tape and do it themselves but im not looking to do that.<br>

Thank you for any suggestions.<br>

Adam</p>

<p>No. I try to shoot a little wide so that I can crop 8X10 or 5X7. Try to explain this to clients. They don't understand the physics. I have expanded the borders on PS for some clients to make it fit the 8X10 or 5X7 porportion. Photography is an illusion any way.</p>

<p>errol</p>

<p>Thanks Errol. There were a few recently that I was able to clone stamp some addl background on the sides but I know I wont be able to do that all the time. What did you mean when you said you expanded the borders in PS? Always looking for better workflow ideas.<br>

thanks</p>

<p>I wanted to know that same thing so I just took an 8x10 print taped it on the wall and with my D300 on a tripod framed it to the sides and I found that same thing that Jonas suggested above. The outside curves around the focus points is approximatly an 8x10 cropping. That's what I use for portraits and never have a problem cutting of unwanted features on 8x10's. It would be nice though to have straight lines as a reference but hey it works.</p>