Does the Canon SD880 display EXIF or histogram to use as a simple light meter?

<p>In the interest of traveling light, I am thinking of getting an SD880 primarily for its size and that it has a wider than usual lens than most digicams, plus being able to record some short videos would also mean leaving the camcorder at home. I want to travel only with the digicam and a Rolleiflex T for my B&W stuff. I don't presently have a light meter and usually just guess most of the time. I was wondering how much info the SD880 will display regarding EXIF or histogram to be used as a simple light meter for my Rollei. I understand that sometimes this can be downloaded to update the firmware? Thanks for any info, a snap of the LCD display would be really great if anyone would be willing to share.</p>

<p>The screen should display EXIF data while in shooting mode after you have half-pressed the shutter button. Do note that there are no manual controls on the SD880 for adjusting aperture or shutter speed.</p>

<p>Once you take a picture, review mode will have a couple different display options, one of which includes aperture, shutter speed, ISO, and a histogram.</p>

<p>Here's an example from the SD11000 IS review:<br /> http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/canonsd1100is/page2.asp</p>

<p>I am good with the seaman's eye guess approach with an older Rollei. I personally would use a little mother's helper. Namely, time to think of a used Gossen Lunapro with a capability to do incident or reflected-and measuring a few points of subject might give you more keepers, idea for the purists around here who get fooled a lot by odd, unusual,mixed, or quick changing light. The histogram can be deceptive in its little way, doesn't tell as much as you might think and only reflects how many buckets of pixels there are at any luminance level with all colors bundled together. It will help you make gross mistakes,true, perhaps,but will slow you down and can let you down. That Gossen Luna Pro is a one handed baby and will shoot in light that will make a digital go ouch. Best to you Don. (I miss the latitude of black and white,Very forgiving. Digital sensors are more like color positives I believe.) But are retrievable too in post.</p>

<a href="http://www.dcresource.com/reviews/canon/powershot_sd880-review/">Here is a review of the SD880</a>. The image with histogram is just above the "how does it compare" section. It's your money, but I have an SD800 (same lens) and would not recommend the SD880 because the lens is very poor in the corners. Also to replace a videocamcorder you need HD for the future. I believe Panasonic has some competitive models that you should consider, such as the TZ5 and LX3. Both do HD video.