Does HP Matte printing paper still exist?

It has been a while since I bought HP printer paper. I bought a

large amount about 8 months ago due to a store closing. I got 25

sheet packs of HP Premium Plus Matte for about $11/box.

Anyway, does HP still make Matte paper? I have found Soft Gloss

but no Matte. Is this the same thing now? I searched HP's site and

no mention of Matte. I am wondering if they switched names and now

Soft Gloss is the same as the old Matte?

Any help is much appreciated.

Jim

Thanks for the response Eirik,

I am hoping it's the same. I really like/liked the matte. I bought some soft gloss today and I will compare it when I get home tonight.

As a side note, I have really enjoyed the Ilford Classic Pearl and Moab Entrada Natural. Very nice papers on par with the HP paper and maybe a bit better.

What HP calls/called "Everyday Matte" is not the same as what they call "Soft Gloss." The former is not at all shiny, but the latter is a little bit shiny. FWIW, I like the soft gloss, but I have only tried the "Everyday Matte" and don't know if there's a higher quality matte from HP.

Hey Trotter,

I actually just got an mail back from HP support. There IS a difference between Premium Plus Matte and Premium Plus Soft Gloss. The Prem. Plus Matte has a bright white smooth matte surface while the Prem. Plus Soft Gloss has a smooth satin matte surface. Or at least that's what HP says.

Actually the Everyday Matte you mentioned is lower in the line than the Premium Plus Matte. However, no one seems to stock the Prem. Plus Matte except HP and you have to call in to order it. It's not avail. online. Even at B&H and Adorama.

Also, I bought some Prem. Plus Soft Gloss today and compared it to the Prem. Plus Matte. I printed back to back the same image. One on each paper. I actually prefer the Soft Gloss. The finish looks the same but the contrast was better on the Soft Gloss. The blacks were blacker and the whites were whiter. This is weird because Hp said the Prem. Plus Matte has a bright white finish.

Anyway, thanks Eirik and Trotter for the help. Learn something new every day, huh?