Does Canon Make A Photo Vest?

mo_o

You mean you want a photographers' vest with CANON emblazoned on it in giant

letters so you can look like a walking billboard? I guess my first question would be

"why"? Anyway. I don't think Canon USA have ever sold one, though you don't say

where you are. Apparently Canon Malaysia sell them but note the footnote at the

bottom of this page:

<P>

<A HREF="http://www.camera.canon.com.my/photography/film/99issue/05topic/">

http://www.camera.canon.com.my/photography/film/99issue/05topic/</A>

I imagine that's used by sponsored photogs. :) But otherwise, why would you want to wear an already doofy article of clothing and have CANON on it. You might find one on that-really-big-auction-site, but I don't know.

I know that at a store I worked at over the past summer we carried a Nikon vest, I can't remember who manufactured it though. If you want a photo vest I'd just suggest those from any of the variety of bag manufacturers since many of them also make the vests. They also have been cheaper than the "Nikon" vest we sold.

Canon bags and other incidental accessories are some of the worse products I have seen: cheaply made and poorly conceived. I think they farm them out to the lowest bidder. The best I've seen are the Banana Republic, Domke and Tamrac vests. I prefer all cotton vests like the Banana Republic (more comfortable). Of course the Domke and Tamrac are more heavy duty but have man made fibers

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

You can get a baseball cap from them. It has "Canon" on the front and "EOS" on the back. They gave me one but I rarely wear it as I usually try my best not to look like a dork.

There are some other "Canon" items I've seen in a glass display case when I've dropped in at the NJ Service facility. Maybe a pen and a clock?

I'm not aware of any Canon USA camera vests. I use a $15 fishing vest I picked up at K-mart about 10 years ago. Thankfully it doesn't say "K-mart" on it...