Does anyone repair T90s in 2010?

nikon_f

<p>My beloved T90 just gave me the dreaded "EEE" and "HELP". Looking at the shutter curtains, it appears one of the blades is sticking. I exercise the T90 regularly with success. This time, after 40-50 continuous shots at 4.5 FPS, it binded up. Drats!</p>

<p>I had this particular camera sent in for the same problem about five years ago. Now I need to do it again.<br /> Is it worth getting it fixed in 2010? The big issue with the T90 is, it's an old fully electronic complex camera and repairers aren't getting any younger. I also see its value have dropped like a rock over the last few years.</p>

<p>Thanks in advance.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Do you mean "does anyone <em>bother </em>to repair T90s in 2010"? I think so, but that is of course your call depending on how you personally value the camera. That's the only way you can define "worth it."</p>

<p>I can also vouch for Steve Sweringen, who did a beautiful T90 job for me years ago which is still going strong.</p>

<p>The other question is - is it worth it to you to get this particular unit repaired v/s buying another unit? T90s are pretty cheap these days. I bought a decent example from B&H for $150, and you can get them cheaper on ebay. At that price, might be better to just get another one.</p>

<p>I knowingly (and stupidly) bought a shutter defective T90 a couple of years ago, and the price I was quoted to have it repaired matched the cost of replacing it with a functioning body. So I've decided just to use my other two T90's, and save the third for spare parts (though of course the part most often needed is the shutter!).</p>

<p>What I would do is replace yours with a functioning copy, and only have it repaired if and when T90's are no longer readily available.</p>

<p>I wouldn't hesitate. Have it fixed. Steve in Sparks NV does great work, and he's <em>fast</em>. He does a complete rework for $125 last I saw, and that includes return post. So what if you could replace it for $150, you'd still be buying somebody else's problems, and it may need a CLA anyway. Besides, it's not like it's a T60.</p>