Do you expect a new APS-C A-mount camera in the near future?

mark_stephan2

I know no one has a crystal ball and Sony seems focused on their E mount bodies and FE lenses. I currently own and use a pair of A77's that see regular use and an older A900 purchased from eBay not long ago. My main interest in a new camera would be a 42mp sensor and the technology of the A99 mark II in a A77 mark III body. Am I just dreaming or do you think Sony might try to appease their A-mount users? The only reason I ask is because I don't like or care for the A6000 series of bodies and that's the only APS-C Sony body available other than the A68 which imo would not be an upgrade.

I was surprised to see that the A77 M2 dates from 2014, so yes I think it would be updated, perhaps by year end? (The years for A700/A77/A77M2 are 2007/2011/2014.) There's no sign that Sony is giving up on A-mount, but I wouldn't expect to see 42MP on a crop sensor, but what do I know? Photokina is this year and I expect we'll see an A7SM3 announced for that and perhaps the next A-mount release will be announced in the last quarter of the year?

• 1 month later...