Do they still make this film.

<p>Hello there fellow photographers,</p>

<p>I just recived a polaroid land camera model 95 for christmas and it's great. it still has some film left in it too. So my question is will the film work and do they still make type 40 polaroid film?</p>

<p>Thanks,</p>

<p>Ty</p>

<p>Good grief... that is Polaroid roll film. Many of us know what it is but can't remember when it was last offered. It was a long, long time ago. That camera and the film could date back to the late-1940s through 1950's IIRC. I doubt there is a ghost of a chance of the film still being good.</p>

<p>The camera will look great in a camera display, though... and the "film still in it" part will make a wonderful discussion item for visitors!</p>

<p>40-series Polaroid roll film went away a good 15 years ago. Polaroid shut down and destroyed their film manufacturing facilities this year. Fuji makes two sizes of pack film, 3-1/4 by 4-1/4, and 4 by 5. That's all that will remain available. (Well, someone is trying to save the 20 by 24 product.)</p>

<p>was discontinued in 1995 sorry. But if i wer you i would treat it like ASA 50 or 100 film and try it. Unless its the 3000 speed silm , inwich sace pretend its like 800 or 1000 speed, and also give it 2 minuts insted of the usualy 1 minute developing time, just to see if somthing comes out. Have fun, ad if your interisted in converting it to a usfull camera like one that uses 120 film for a nice panoramic camera, or a 4x5 shooter. Let me know in an email. Im doing one of each.</p>

<p>What Patrick and Dan said. The 95 is a very good conversion candidate if you're interested in doing it. It's kind of a geeky thing, but the results of having a very portable 4x5 at your disposal are worth it to a lot of folks.<br>

Search around on Google for some links if you're intrigued in converting it, or clean it up and put it on a shelf as a conversation piece if not. It's great in either role.</p>

<p>Hey let me know if you tried to use the film, i want to know if it worked. I am thinking of buying some 30 year old roll film to see if i can run ii through my 800 and get it to work. Before i turn it into a roll film camera.</p>