Do all Minolta Lenses Fit Sony DSLR?

johnny_m1

<p>Hi, thank you for any help. I wanted to know if <strong>all</strong> Minolta lenses fit Sony DSLR. I thought they did but I can't verify it with a search only that some said yes on the "alpha mount." thanks.</p>

<p>edit: I thought maybe I could find some old lenses and buy new Sony body. Would that be bad?</p>

<p>No. All Minolta A-mount (aka Maxxum or Dynax Mount) lenses fit all Sony SLRs.<br>

Three are, however, older Minolta MC/MD mount lenses do *not* fit Sony SLRs (at least without either an adapter that was fairly mediocre, and hasn't been made since 1980-something, or surgery on the lens to change the mount).</p>

<p>Some old Minolta AF lenses and a new (or second hand) Sony body is a very good idea. Most of the Sony lenses are just rebadged Minolta lenses anyway, and there is a much wider selection of old Minolta lenses than new Sony lenses. I have some 10-12 Minolta lenses and just one new Sony lens, and that only because I could not find the same lens second hand from Minolta.</p>