DNG looks diferent than NEF in CS5

<p>Ive just started using CS5 and note that my D300s NEFs look different than DNG which appear 1/2 stop lighter. I thought they should look the same!<br>

CS5 only shows the unedited file preview, so I cannot see the changes. Interestingly DNG and JPG edits in ACR show the changes.<br>

How do I set up CS5 to show the result of my NEF edits?</p>

<p>I’m not clear on what you are doing. So you have an NEF and a DNG you converted, you open them both in Camera Raw and they look different? OF you applied edits and then opened the two in ACR? </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

<p>The NEFs and DNGs were unedited which is why I was suprised there was a difference.<br>

I am using Adobe CS5 and editing in Adobe Camera RAW (ACR) I can see the files are flagged as edited , but cannot see if I have Changed exposure or WB. if I open in PS and save in other formats JPG or PSD I can see the changes.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>The NEFs and DNGs were unedited ...<br>

I can see the files are flagged as edited...</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Still confused. But anyway, on each, use the Reset button (Alt-Option key in ACR). Do they look the same now? </p>

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)