display for viewing ideas anyone ?

sam_clay

<p>hi all,<br>

i just shot my first wedding and i am really happy with the outcome. i emailed a few to the client and they are so delighted....I would like to present them in my office on my computer and I was wondering where I could upload the high res files and have a sort of video display ? I have a really large mac and they look great on it, so ideally i would like them put up large and wthe client simply flicks through or rather each image is shown for 5 seconds and then moves to the next - sorry I am a bit ignorant about this side of things</p>

<p>thanks you</p>

<p>Prints have A LOT more detail than your computer screen.</p>

<p>Only way to get even close to a print would be to show your images on a 4K screen, aka ultra HD. They are about 8 megapixels. I don't think apple has any of those yet but Dell, Asus and others do and they'll work fine on a mac.</p>

<p>You could also use a 4K Ultra HD TV instead of a computer screen. Size matters, you'know. Something like a 55 inch would look great.</p>

<p>What you need in software is just a simple slideshow software. You probably have that in your mac already.</p>

<p>PS. Here you go:<br>

http://osxdaily.com/2012/09/06/8-tricks-mac-os-x-full-screen-slideshow/</p>

<p>I disagree a little. They don't need to see "proof prints", and... If you can fill the screen with your photos, proofing on a relatively large monitor (I'm guessing you have a screen of 21 or more inches) will be awesome for review.<br /><br />Honestly, even if you loaded them onto a tablet it might be enough resolution for your folks to flip through and pick what they like (although you'll have to somehow label them if they are picking for print). <br /><br />Photoshop used to have a function where you could create an html page and associated files. Does it still? That would work well, too, and need not be uploaded, but could be viewed on screen.</p>

<p>Peter, I wasn't talking about viewing "proofs", that takes forever and it's better if the client does that on their own.</p>

<p>I was talking about presenting a limited number of wow images with impact, either for possible future clients or for those that are viewing their images for the first time after the wedding.</p>

<p>Yes, a large TV screen with a USB port and a slideshow (LR even does that) on a USB stick would work, assuming the remote supports the input for 'switching' pictures.</p>

<p>However, as an output from your Mac, 4k output resolutions appear to only be an option from late 2013 onward (<a href="http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6008">http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6008</a>). So the OP's Mac may very well be unable to stream such a resolution - regardless of the display. </p>

<p>IMO, for this task, 4k is largely hype, You can do just as well w/ a good 'old' 1080p TV/monitor. While a client <em>may</em> notice the difference, a good image is going to still look great on that, and if you can find a high quality one with better bleed control than most 4k panels (pretty easy to do), your pictures (especially high contrast ones) will look better. Unfortunately, the technology is still in early stages. Things like that, the numerous hard/software and driver issues, and the lack of 4k matte screens, make it a dicey proposition to me. ... OTOH, it's your checkbook, not mine!</p>

Not to tell you how to sell your work.

I make 24x30 or larger prints, framed, mounted, and textured. A nice frame can run around $60. When

people see something large they take a better look at what you can do. People like looking at large things!

Notice I didn't say to ditch the computer ideas. Use both.

<p>Sam I will answer your question without giving you other advice that you did not ask for. If you have a mac then the easiest thing to do is download the files into iPhoto and you can set up a slideshow. You can google those steps.</p>

<p>Most Mac monitors today are more than sufficient in displaying high resolution images that look great and will sell your work. No one today really looks at prints. Albums yes. I ditched my book of 11x14 printed samples over 10 years ago and have never regretted it. I will make a couple 16x20 or 20x30 of one or two special images to wow them and yes that can not be outdone by a monitor. Monitors are great because they show color and detail that a print can not show. Monitors are equivalent to the transparency in the fact that it is back lit and colors and shadows are more pleasing on a monitor than in print. The only way to really show off a print is to bring a flashlight and light up the print. lol Think of a gallery with track lighting hitting the prints. NICE!</p>