Disney World Lens

max_wall

Because it will be nice and sunny, Tri-Elmar?

But I think the 28mm summiron works best. Last time I was there, I used a 21mm much more than a 35mm because the latter simply wasn't wide enough (and I did not carry a 28mm with me).

I live in Florida and have been forced to take out-of-town family to the park more times than a person should be made to endure this punishment. I have gone every way from using a maximum amount of gear to a very minimalistic outfit of a Minox ML. For the last several trips, and on all future ones, I will use a 35mm lens as my only one.

The previously mentioned 28mm might not be bad, but I don't have one, so I have no experience with it.

one lens? 28 or 35 or 24.

Whatta you got?

I'd go wide as possible, but maybe not 21 (if you're only taking one lens).

Hey--Disney World is a GREAT place to take pictures. For one thing

every-other person has a camera so you can just shoot. Wide's nice cause

you can get in close and capture the subject and the environment.

My first choice for ONE lens would be a 28.

If you're *sure* you're a whiz capturing skittering kids with fleeting expressions using a Leica (or your spouse will have an AF-something along)then I'd take a Tri-Elmar without a moment's hesitation. Me, I'm totally incapable of shooting kiddies well with a Leica and I'd swallow my Leica pride and bring my EOS with 28-135IS zoom...also less worry over a sudden Diet Coke shower or a flying ice-cream cone ;>)

The 28 -- and in a heartbeat. You will be relatively close to large structures, and the extra breadth of the 28 over the 35 or 50 will be welcome. And assuming you also get over to Epcot, F2 will be welcome inside some of the exhibits. As a second alternative I would consider the 3-E.

Cheers,

28mm if you don't need to do face portraits. IMO, it does the best at capturing people and surroundings, as well as family shots at dinner, etc. I have a 28/1.9 CV that I'd take. I found that the Tri-Elmar was too hard to work with quickly because of the non-sequential focal lengths, but it's a great choice too. If you need quick zoom work, there's nothing like an SLR.

If I went I'd probably take the 28 and a 50/2, along with a very small flash. That would fit in a very small belt bag. In fact, I'd probably throw the 21/4 CV lens in too, as it's SO small and light.

Skip

Well I live more than half way across the country and I still have been to D'World four times in two years. I took a Minox TLX on several trips but decided next time I'm going to take my Noctilux and that's it. There are many amazing scenes at night and I want the speed. If I could get a V'Lander 35/1.2, I would take that instead. Actually, I think I will buy one just for my next trip.