Digital Workflow

marco_malon

<p>Hello all,</p>

<p>Can anyone please recommend a great book on digital photography workflows, though I'm taking acceptable pictures for my company, I feel I could always learn more. My knowledge needs strengthening in the following areas:<br>

Cleaning the camera.<br>

Getting correct colour from the camera.<br>

Ensuring exposures are always correct.<br>

RAW Processing.<br>

Cleaning and colouring images.<br>

Organising my photos.<br>

Presenting them in a professional manner.<br>

There are so many books that I'd be lucky if my local book shop would stock any and I don't want to purchase something I haven't quickly read through.</p>

<p>Regards,</p>

<p>Marco</p>

<p>Cleaning the camera.<br>

- Get a local camera shop to do this for you; look into an Arctic Butterfly; google for "DSLR cleaning" as there are all kinds of articles and videos on how to do this.<br>

<br />Getting correct colour from the camera.<br>

- If it's a modern DSLR then it's going to correctly capture what it sees. The issue isn't the camera, it's the post processing. Namely, white balance. Get yourself a whibal card and use it at every shoot, then use it in PP to get your colors correct. Again, there are lots of tutorials out there. Search for them.<br>

<br />Ensuring exposures are always correct.<br>

- This what the histogram on your camera is for, either live or after the fact. Again, there are lots of tutorials out there.<br>

RAW Processing.<br>

- If you're using LR or PS / ACR, there are lots of tutorials out there.<br>

Cleaning and colouring images.<br>

- Lots of tutorials.<br>

<br />Organising my photos.<br>

- I like Lightroom. You can try it out free for 30 days to see if it suits you.<br>

<br />Presenting them in a professional manner.<br>

- That's a huge area, with many, many opinions, not to mention books, blogs and articles.<br>

<br>

On this site, and many others, notably PhotographyTalk.com, there are lots of articles to be read and information to be acquired. Not sure why you're asking very generic questions. Google is your friend. Suggest you do your homework, then come here and ask specific questions such as "I read this particular thing, but can't find any corroboration. What do you all think?"</p>