Digital camera to be released?

terry_m1

<p>Yes they will. I've heard only that it will be fairly compact with electronic viewfinder. I also heard full-frame sensor around 21mp. It will be released with a small selection of it's own AF lenses. It will take R lenses, but I don't know if an adapter will be necessary. Too many details being kept secret, but it will be there.</p>

<p>LOL right back at you, Ken.</p>

<p>Liveview is "simple". You need it, you turn it on. You don't need it, you don't turn it on. I have two liveview capable cameras, a D3 and a D90, neither of them feel like anyone tried to "load up" any "garbage".</p>

<p>Liveview gives the camera the ability to do macros, and to function reasonably well with telephoto lenses in excess of 90mm. This is something that Leica has obviously considered worth product development and marketing dollars over the years, since they've built multiple versions of the Visoflex. Telephoto and macro were worth splitting the product line into M and R, splitting the R&D budget, choking the distribution channel, and splitting the rarest of commodities, store shelf space.</p>

<p>Compared to that, liveview is the very definition of "keep it simple". Now, I know that it bothers a lot of Leicaphiles that the camera is less "pure", because there's features lurking it it, a few button presses away. And I know it bothers Leicaphiles that the camera will be able to do macro without having to recite incantations about NOOKY HESUM. But that's just the way it is. You can't stop the future.</p>

<p>Terry,</p>

<p>Your best approach is to get a Canon DSLR (perhaps - the 5dMkII if you want full frame) and use your R lenses on it via an R to EOS adapter. It works pretty well and is what a lot of us ex-R users have done. Particularly good for R ultrawides and telephotos where not having an auto aperture is bearable.</p>

Robin Smith