Digital back that fits Bronica SQa?

Discussion in 'Medium Format' started by zelph_young, Dec 3, 2017.

1. Is there a digital back I can mount on the Bronica SQa? One that would give the the full 6x6 frame size would be preferred but I know many don't go that big. (think Hasselblad where God personally blessed them with the square format and they pissed it away with 645 digital)

I like the square frame and would like it with a digital back using the full capability of the camera, if possible.

2. "Is there a digital back I can mount on the Bronica SQa?"
    Not with a native mount. Couple of adapters are available. The only one I have personally seen is for the Hasselblad V system digital backs, but I am pretty sure there is at least one other.

They are still around and run in the $700 to $1000 USD range for the ADAPTER ONLY. When you can get a pretty good SQa for under $200, that may not be a good solution.

" One that would give the the full 6x6 frame size......"
    Not available.

"I ........ would like it with a digital back using the full capability of the camera, if possible."
    It is not.

3. If you can locate one they are not a good solution. You can't shoot fast and your images will never come near a DSLR. I just bought a 45mp D850 and I'm tempted to sell all my MF gear. With a digital back on a Bronica you loose your wide angles. It is very limited. I used my Bronica as intended with film and then scan it to digital.