Different papers have different ink drying times?

Right after getting good results on my Epson 2000P using their 'luster photo paper', I

printed the same image on glossy photo paper and only changed the paper type in

the printer driver. The image came out with printer roller streaks across the whole

sheet. I was shocked. My local dealer told me that different papers have different ink

drying intervals. Do you think that the amount of ink put down with the 'luster paper'

setting is drying before the ink reaches the first paper rollers, and the amount put

down on 'glossy' setting is still wet by then? If so how would the 2000P ever print on

glossy paper? I don't want any rollers all all touching my image! Now I want to know

which paper settings squirt out more ink and less ink. Anybody else facing this

issue? Thanks

I had exactly the same problem with an Epson 870. The 'Glossy Photo Paper' setting in Epson's driver seems there purely for the purpose of wasting ink. I never use anything except the standard 'Photo Quality Inkjet paper' setting, even with glossy paper, and even then I've whacked all three CMY colour settings down several notches, and set the Gamma to 1.5 to stop the ink flooding out.<p>No, I don't get wishy-washy colour and poor blacks. The prints that I get now are as good as any other inkjet prints I've seen, and the sudden transition from brown to black in the shadows seems better controlled at the 1.5 gamma setting.