Difference NEC 2690 / NEC 2690-SV

<p>Hello,

<p>I have thought about purchasing the NEC LCD2690 monitor for retouching work.

But there seem to be two different versions;

<p>LCD2690WUXiBKSV

<br>LCD2690WUXiBK

<p>What is the difference? The price between these two differs with about $300.

Is the "SV" version the Spectra View monitor? In this case, what is the big

difference?

<p>Thanks a lot!

Hey Andrew. I have this monitor as well. When I try callibrating the monitor down to 90 cd/m2, using the spectraview software, I get a red delta warning symbol with a number around 4ish. Do you have any similar experiences to this? I currently am running it at 120 cd/m2 to get more color accuracy at the expence of being to bright. I'm getting a lot of headaches at this level. Any thoughts?

M>

90 cd/m2 is WAY too low for that kind of unit. I was told the lower limits should be around

130, I'm at 150cd/m2 so the software has some area to adjust lower. You don't need to be in

a dim cave to work with LCD's which produce such high luminance. A CRT, 90 was good, you

could expect to get three good years out of it. LCD's, go higher. Then raise up the viewing

conditions for the prints.

Author “Color Management for Photographers" & "Photoshop CC Color Management" (pluralsight.com)

Thanks for your reply Andrew. As far as the Mackbook Pro goes... You cannot use the software for any other monitor than specific nec monitors. The software communicates with the monitor, then adjusts the internal settings of the monitor. As far as the calibration device goes. I've used it on another monitor by downloading The eye one software off of the Gretag website.

M>