Difference between Epson 2880MK and 2880PK ICC's?

I have searched and I did not find anything so maybe I missed the boat

on this one. As, I am probably about to answer my own question:

SP2200 "Insert Paper Type" 2880PK.icc is for Photo Black??

and

SP2200 "Insert Paper Type" 2880MK.icc is for Matte Black??

Thanks!

There are two kinds of inkjet papers, matte and glossy. Matte includes things like watercolor or "art" papers. Glossy includes things like luster, pearl, semi-gloss, and glossy.

Epson printers take two different kinds of ink, "matte black" and "photo black". Matte black is meant for printing on matte paper, and photo black is meant for printing on glossy paper. Those combinations give you the best looking prints.

You cannot use "matte black" ink when printing on glossy paper, the black ink doesn't get "into" the paper, it sits on top of the paper, looking like soot. It rubs off when touched.

You can, in an emergency, use photo black ink on matte paper. The image leaves a lot to be desired, for most work. Photo black doesn't have the "soot" that matte black has, so it soaks into the paper, and the DMAX (maximum density, or "darkness" of the dark colors) is pretty poor. Shadows look dark gray, instead of black, and the whole image takes on an overall pastel look.

Epson provides two profiles for their matte papers, an MK for when you're using the "right" matte black, and a PK for when you want to save some money and try using photo black.