Develop Agfa APX 100 with Arista Edu 100

Hi All

I’m getting ready to develop a roll of Agfa APX 100 in Rodinal 1+50 for 10 minutes. I also have a roll of Arista Edu 100 to develop that apparently needs 7 minutes in Rodinal.

Can/should I combine the two in one tank, and if so, what development time should I use?

That's a pretty drastic change in development times for the two film, so if it were me I would develop them separately for the correct times. A compromise in the middle is still going to overdevelop the Arista and underdevelop the Agfa film to the point that printing won't be easy.
  • Like 1

Over the last 5 years or so, I have become a great fan of using Obsidian Aqua or PyrocatHD with my b/w films. Kentmere 100 & 400 in various badged names & occasionally the EDU & Kodak/Ilford products. Generally, one roll at a time is developed in a 450ml stainless steel tank. Using 1.1ml of the OA "per roll" or 3ml A + 3ml B per roll of the PyrocatHD, whatever is being developed shows even, consistent density results. If two rolls (any types) are developed in the 450ml tank, both show the same results if the amount of developer is doubled (2 x'd). My times are 13-16minutes.

Aloha, Bill

Develop the first roll for three minutes, turn off the light, put the second reel (already loaded)

into the tank, develop seven more minutes.

Adding a reel to an already filled tank is better in that it covers the film in a shorter time.

(But mostly this is important for shorter times.)

-- glen

all that sounds complicated to me. Either you are in a hurry and then, you shoot digital, with a camera or a smartphone. No wet hands, no trouble and the perfect result in a second and for no money.

Or, you want to enjoy photography, like in the good old days, and you invest time and money accordingly. No miracle my friend.

I just see on internet that with your film in Rodinal 1+50, 20°, developing times are, 10, 13 or 17 minutes.

When I studied photography some 20+ years ago I surely developend a few hundreds of them (and I still use them today.

Studional 1+15, 4 minutes, 20° in a Jobo drum, I still use the same machine! You may also take 1+30, 9 minutes