Determining developing time with Tri-X 400 in Clayton F76+?

jc_mcguire

<p>I have exposed a roll of Tri-X 400 at ISO 200 by accident (careless mistake). anyway, I looked up the developing chart on digitaltruth, and it only shows times for 400, 1600. I have F76+ developer 1:9 dilution. If it is 6 minutes at 20'C for 400, how much time should i trim off development for a one stop pull?<br>

In general, for this developer, what's the best way to determine how much time to add or cut in development when exposing at different EI? I've read somewhere that it's 15 seconds per stop, elsewhere says 30 seconds and other forums say 1 minute. </p>

<p>10 to 1 says you won't see any difference than if you had shot it at 400, like John said. Maybe a little more contrast or grain if it's 35mm. For 120 and up I would not expect much if any difference. B&W film, especially Tri-X, is very forgiving. Recently I accidentally developed some Tri-X 120 in D76 using the wrong times. I used the times for 1:1 dilution, but had forgotten to dilute it, it came right out of the bottle full strength. Instead of maybe 7 minutes, it was in the soup for nearly 11 minutes. I figured things would be a disaster, but the negs looked great! The grain and contrast were bumped up, but I liked it that way, and develop it this way all the time now. I sometimes cut back the time to maybe 9 minutes if it's a portrait w/ not so good lighting, but that is still a lot more than the norm for full strength.</p>

<p>What were the light conditions? If bright shooting at 200 is not a mistake a but a perfect speed. If bright I'd do the 1-9 at 5-5:30 min. Cloudy or shade push it out to 6:30 min. Tri-x is very adjustable. I shoot it from 160 to 1600.</p>