Density in Nikon 6006 Camera

Firstly, make sure there is a fresh battery in the camera. Set ASA to box speed of film (400ASA for TriX)

Without a film in the camera, check the shutter, it's electronic. The camera has aperture priority, so you can determine depth of field (how much of the subject you want in focus) by the different aperture settings - examples: f2 for short depth of field, f22 for long depth of field

If the electronic shutter is working properly, the film should expose correctly

Get ready in case the back flies open ...

Classic Cameras: My First SLR-The Nikon N6006 (F-601)

The matrix meter in the N6006 is generally excellent. I'd suggest learning the common situations that can "trick" a meter like strong backlighting, but otherwise just trusting it.

As said, you can "bracket" by over and under exposing the shot. I don't have my N6006 in front of me, but on most Nikons of this era(really most made in the last 30 years) you hold down the exposure compensation button while spinning the command dial, and will see the exposure on the top LCD as a + or - sign followed by a number.

Surely your class tutor is the one you should be asking?

After all, it's their job to give you face-to-face and hands-on guidance.

A 5 minute live Q&A dialogue should be able to achieve what might take days of back-and-forth posts here.

Edited by rodeo_joe|1