Demonic L 358 puzzle

royall_berndt

• 2 weeks later...
I couldn't find the bag, so I spent 25 bucks for a replacement. Two days after receiving the gadget, I found the original in a bag I hadn't remembered. Screwed again!

A few years ago I could not find the tool for unscrewing the retaining ring of large format lenses. After I bought a new one, I went to put it in my cabinet and set it right on top of the one I could not find! I am forgetful, but at least I'm organized!

I can't find the lumigrid for this meter, and I remember having one once. Were the grids stored inside the meters or cases, or were they a loose part?

I could not find mine either and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure if it ever came with one ? The "Lumigrid" is used for reflective light metering , while the white bulb is for incident light metering. Maybe the Lumigrid came in the box, or maybe it was an accessory you had to purchase separately. I purchased my L 358 back in 2010 so I don't remember.

In any case they are not manufactured anymore and trying to find a Used one online is like trying to break into Fort Knox. It took me 3+ months to finally get my hands on one, the cost was a whopping $50. The bad is that it does not fit inside the pouch for the L 358 , perfect for losing it again !

I could not find mine either and to tell you the truth, I'm not sure if it ever came with one ? The "Lumigrid" is used for reflective light metering , while the white bulb is for incident light metering. Maybe the Lumigrid came in the box, or maybe it was an accessory you had to purchase separately. I purchased my L 358 back in 2010 so I don't remember.

In any case they are not manufactured anymore and trying to find a Used one online is like trying to break into Fort Knox. It took me 3+ months to finally get my hands on one, the cost was a whopping $50. The bad is that it does not fit inside the pouch for the L 358 , perfect for losing it again !

Well I guess the OP would be willing to sell you one of his for $25.

My used Minolta Autometer IVF didn't come with the reflective metering baffle. I ordered one at a very reasonable price from a local photo-dealer (back when we still had such things). However, it took weeks to arrive, due to supply problems in Japan apparently.

This was years ago, and I must have used that reflective adapter all of 4 times since!