Dell 2408WFP + Spyder2Express

<p>I purchased the dell 2408WFP recently, tried to calibrate with the Spyder2 Express and it asked me to reset the monitor to factory settings before calibration. I did, and after calibration it is way too contrasty. It actually looks worse than my old 17" Viewsonic LCD. Question, can I manually turn the contrast down a little and / or increase brightness a little to make it look natural. Will it still retain the calibration data colors vise or everything will be thrown away if I touch it.<br>

Thank you in advance<br>

Jerry</p>

<p>you might wanna check your calibration method, and the intent. Adjusting anything after calibration is not the right way of going about things. It might be the limit of Express. First things first, check your cal settings.</p>

<p>I calibrated the Dell 2007wfp on WinXP using Spyder2Pro package several years ago and I got perfect results. All I did is load a 21 step grayramp in PictureViewer or any non-color managed app and set brightness and contrast and white balance by eye using the Dell's front button menu interface so I could see all the steps in the grayramp as best as possible and making the white appear as neutral as possible as well. It didn't look perfect due the grayramp showing greenish shadows and maroonish upper mids which only the Spyder calibration software can fix.</p>

<p>I attached the Spyder puck to the display, chose native white point, target 2.2 gamma with no target luminance and hit the calibrate button. I got perfect results. It shouldn't be very complicated for you to do the same.</p>