Delete unwanted comments on profile page

Mrcreem

• 3 weeks later...

Yikes, unwanted followers? There would have to be a mechanism in place, so that they couldn't then just press the follow button again right away? Or like Facebook where you can say, "ignore this user" "user is no longer following you, but will not receive knowledge of this fact" -- keep putting thinking here, we'll have to scope out correctly first. It's a new type of concept on the site

...and unwanted followers also. The diet guy, and someone actually called "spammer" to name a few.

It seems a lot of people need the safety valve of deleting too critical or unflattering comments. This is a position unfortunately reinforced by many web and social media sites. People welcome favorable comments but more honest dislikes may not be as welcome. The negative comments should be left to speak for themselves. Anyone reading them will either agree or disagree. I’d prefer to leave it up to those who run the site to delete what they consider “abusive” comments. Most negative comments, even the harsh ones, are not abusive, and should stand.
There’s always something new under the sun.

It seems a lot of people need the safety valve

An unfair assumption, I think. A variety of these complaints are in regard to spammers where ads remain as comments. I doubt most care about negative comments unless they are intentionally offensive. I have not checked every case, but "that which does not kill us...."

54B05020-E4BB-48B0-88BE-8B2700A99AC9.thumb.jpeg.037f95763222b76250aaf481fdfa786b.jpeg

There’s a REPORT button on all forum posts. Might be a good idea to consider adding a REPORT button to profile and photo gallery posts as well. Members could then easily report spam or abuse and the site can determine what should be deleted.

There’s always something new under the sun.

Spam should be taken care of by the site. Individuals are able to report spam to those in charge who can delete it.

Tech is working on Spam as comments - though Moderators can delete regular Spam, we cannot delete Spam as comments.

Suggestions can be offered to Admin or Technicalsupport. Easiest when they are on line.

It seems a lot of people need the safety valve of deleting too critical or unflattering comments.

I follow and sympathize with your observation, but this is not the reason that I for one had in mind for blocking certain people or remarks

Some of us that work in glamour sometimes receive offensive and gratuitous remarks regarding our activity and/or the models that we work with, and there is consequently valid reason to filter certain comments. Such cases do not refer to photography or the quality of the work presented.

That said, PN has made a commendable effort to weed out such trouble makers and thankfully it no longer happens very often.

• Like 2