Delay in availability of Nikon mount Sigma 18-35mm

t._zenjitsuman

<p>Hmph. That's a shame (for DX users). I wonder what the problem was? For what it's worth, Amateur Photographer are giving it a head-to-head test next week (against an f/2.8 zoom).<br />

<br />

T. - I appreciate your enthusiasm for this lens, but you don't work for Sigma, do you? :-) You seem to be resident 18-35 watcher.</p>

<p>Give me a break, you have got to be kidding. Photo.net reviewed 2 lenses made by Sigma this<br>

year so far and I am sure that if they could get their hands on a sample of this fast DX lens they<br>

would then review it. So far Photo.net has also reviewed 2 Canon and 2 Nikon lenses.<br>

I have one of pre order since June 15th, and I am more than a little annoyed by the delays,<br>

does that sound like a person who works for Sigma? <br>

If telling what I know about a lens delayed availibility since I emailed Sigma twice makes<br>

me seem like a toadie its just me being a good member. I figured this lens is of general interest as it has had so many posts discussing it. If I worked for Sigma I would be asking for<br>

a free sample instead of waiting in line to pay full retail.</p>

<p>Give me a break, you have got to be kidding. Photo.net reviewed 2 lenses made by Sigma this<br>

year so far and I am sure that if they could get their hands on a sample of this fast DX lens they<br>

would then review it. So far Photo.net has also reviewed 2 Canon and 2 Nikon lenses.<br>

I have one of pre order since June 15th, and I am more than a little annoyed by the delays,<br>

does that sound like a person who works for Sigma? <br>

If telling what I know about a lens delayed availibility since I emailed Sigma twice makes<br>

me seem like a toadie its just me being a good member. I figured this lens is of general interest as it has had so many posts discussing it. If I worked for Sigma I would be asking for<br>

a free sample instead of waiting in line to pay full retail.</p>

<p>T. - Ouch. You have my sympathy. Thanks for sharing the information - sorry if I caused offence, I was just entertained that you seemed a little single-minded about this lens (or at least, you're usually the one informing us about it) and thought I'd check!<br />

<br />

I hope it turns up soon for you, and it behaves as you hope.</p>

<p>I notice that the forum seems more prone to personal attacks than years ago. I have taken<br>

several years off from regular posting. Years ago I had racked up over 2,000 posts, and read<br>

maybe 10x that many posts and learned a lot.<br>

This was alway fun, and what little I know I tried to share with others with a sense of fellowship.<br>

Andy don't worry about hurting my feelings, my user ID was chosen because I have been a student<br>

of many martial arts for 50 years and I am used to defending against much more vicious attacks<br>

than a few words questioning my integrity. And I pride myself on never placing my own<br>

interests ahead of giving everyone I deal with a Square Deal, I never tried to get over, cheat<br>

anyone, and hope they return the favor. Of course if they don't I have many ways to punish them</p>