This falls in the category of 'have to make a decision in next 24hrs' as its a live discussion that I'm having. Essentially I'm being offered a very lightly used D700 and 24-70/2.8 (I've played around for a couple of hours with the kit as its someone I know, and its at what KEH would call 'LN' including box, accessories, and no wear) for the same kind of money I had banked away for the D700's replacement due - I presume - in the next 3-6 months. On the one hand I am happy to keep waiting as I am still using my D80 and my 6 primes, and the D700's replacement when it comes is likely to be quite the camera. Plus I bought my D80 quite late in its model life and I know what its like to make a purchase and then have your camera 'superceded' just a few of months later (though it hasn't stopped me having fun and learning on my D80). On the other, if I buy now, I know I get a huge step up in camera body and also a very respected zoom lens... plus as those who are regulars here will know, I'd finally be able to action my instinct to get rid of my 24/2.8D and - perhaps - my 35/2D. I'd be left with D700, 24-70/2.8, 35/2D (maybe), 50/1.4D, 85/1.4D, 135/2DC, 180/2.8D which would be a pretty good FX kit. So what are your thoughts? For the same money? An essentially new D700 + 24-70/2.8 but knowing the D700 will not be 'current' for much longer? Or sit on what I have and wait for the new model (and use it in the first instance with my current 24/2.8D and 35/2D for the wider stuff)?