December 8, 2008: B&J 4x5 Press Camera

My dad with my son Jean-Luc, in East Toledo Christmas parade following an overnight snowstorm.

210342_1623276110159_7565862_o.jpg.87c8b9bfd33c55b186cf976f724b8731.jpg On arrival at the staging area, Dad looked around at other participants, and remarked: "I see all the fools aren't dead yet."

Life goes on.

My son Jean-Luc, aged 14 in the photo, and the subject of a few CMC posts here, is now 25 and graduated college.

I fathered a second son in August 2018. Baby's name is Phoenix, for second chances & re-birth from ashes.

My father passed away in September 2018, having met & holding baby Phoenix only once.

Mom & I married in October 2019, and started a wedding photography business.

The photos are precious to me.

The memories moreso.

• Like 4

I definitely remember that portrait of your father. Very Nice!! I have recently tried my hand at 4x5 using my Speed Graphic..with mixed success. I've placed this on the back burner as I really am not outfitted to do do 4x5. That is, my scanner can't support the format, and I don'T really have a a way of drying the negs.. Considered a print drying book.. not too cheap. I did get the very cool 4x5 tank though. Waiting for "greener" patures before I get into it! I recall you did a lot with panorama photos and possessed one or two different specialty cameras. I also recall your post with a Grand Canyon raft trip you made..with your son? I was trying to match up the prints you did with a Zeiss? folder as a sort of 3D effect.

Nice to see you back posting...all the best with your daughter.