death of Charlie Barringer

<p>Joseph, Charlie and I discussed how best to dispose of his collection. At length, and with the estate's executrix. </p>

<p>I doubt that anything will happen for a while, expect that eventually most, if not all, of the valuable pieces will be consigned to Westlicht. I don't anticipate a yard sale or even that his photographic equipment will be sold for pennies on the dollar. That said, Peter Coeln tried to let Charlie down gently about some of his treasures; collectors are dying off, the market has changed, ... Sad thing is, I think he's right.</p>

<p>I too, am very sorry to hear this news. At the moment I am reading their book on Zeiss cameras, fascinating stuff, just makes you want to acquire more things Zeiss!<br>

I wonder if there are more experts of his ability waiting in the wings, I doubt that there is.</p>

<p>Dan,<br>

I am sorry to hear you have lots a friend. Specific question, did Charlie Barringer have a large document collection on photography unwanted by his estate, unsuitable for sale etc but good for an archive? General question, what in general is to be done with material our experts hold that isn't in books as they pass on?</p>