else is planning to attend, perhaps we could try to meet

somewhere and plan a course of action for effectively covering

the event as a group. Maybe we could post some pics next

week? Anyone?

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I live in CA so I can't make it, but we have our own rallies here as well. An "anti-war" rally seems to imply that those on the other side are "pro-war." That's not true. I am far from being pro-war but sometimes you just gotta kill a cancer.

Photographically, why not approach your photography of this event as a photojournalist. Tell a story and look for images from all sides of the issue. Best of success to you, and perhaps start a No Words thread when you get back: "No Words: Anti-war Demonstrations." Think about it.

How about starting a thread using everybody's photographs from whatever rally they attend that day. As a journalist you're really supposed to be an impartial observer and just document what you see. That, of course, is impossible. But take the most interesting photographs you can and I'm looking forward to seeing them.

When and where is the rally? I'd like to go - is there a website with information on the rally with times of speakers, etc.

I'd like to go with a Leica and a lowly generic slr with autofocus and TTL flash capabilities.

Looks like it could be an image filled weekend - anti-war rally and the Saint Patrick's day parade!

They might be all the same, but it's a great time to exercise your

talents as a phtographer. You have colorful people active at

something they are willing to be photographed doing. Get out

and shoot till you come back with something better than the

other shooters out there.<div>004jCN-11860484.jpg.9002bc80ef2a4f83bfbd45edb9e42230.jpg</div>

Is the day of the rally another worldwide rally day? If so, I might try to catch one in my neighborhood. If I do, I better be careful...I understand these peace rallys can get pretty violent!

Speaking of journalists, I recall distinctly a peace rally in the 1960s at my college. We were all rather calm, just listening to some speeches about Vietnam, but I'll never forget when one of the news cameramen mentioned to another, "What can WE do to get some action going here?" I guess there was nothing very exciting to photograph.

Here is some info on the rally's for DC, La, and SF:

White House: Gather at 12:00 noon, at Washington Monument (Constitution Ave. b/w 15th and 17th Streets N.W.) There bus service available for those that want to travel from NYC (http://www.votenowar.org/ for info)

San Francisco: Gather at 11:00 a.m. at Civic Center Plaza

Los Angeles: Gather at 12:00 noon at Olympic&Broadway, march to downtown Federal Building

This is other info on rallys planned world wide for the 15th:

On March 15, workers in Italy are staging an anti-war General Strike. In Spain, Greece, Germany, Japan, New Zealand, the UK, and in Los Angeles, San Francisco and cities around the world people are coming together in Emergency Mass Action on March 15 to stop the U.S./UK war against the people of Iraq.

Disclosure for the moderators:

The above are direct pastes from websites and an email on rallys being planned for the 15th. This is being offered as a service to photographers of the Leica Forum, and not as a political statement of support or condemnation.

For those in Dc I will be planning on attending and would like the possibility to meet up with DC area Leica Forum members.

Olivier - doom and gloom, ye of little faith. '91 was a walkover and this will be the same, only more so.

Can't believe how much support such a despot has egendered around the world, hence our need to go it alone if necessary.

Can't wait to see some real photos from the field of battle.