David Ziser's 2009 Tour...

steve_c.5

<p>I just wanted to make an unsolicited recommendation for those who frequent this forum, about David Ziser's 2009 Digital Wake-Up Call Tour. His tour started in Jacksonville, Florida last night, and is winding around through cities all over the country. For those who are not familiar with Mr. Ziser's work, he's a master wedding and portrait photographer, and a boundless resource for those of us practicing this trade. The 4 hour event is only $59 when you register before you go, and is money well spent.</p>

<p>I went to his kickoff seminar last night and there were 150 or so very excited photographers from the Jacksonville area. I was the only one from Tallahassee, I think, which is a 2 1/2 hour drive for me. It was well worth it to meet Mr. Ziser, and to hear him speak about many topics that are of interest to us all.</p>

<p>If you want more information, just google it. His website has a list of cities he's coming to, and there are still seats available. I don't want anyone thinking I'm out shilling for him or anything, I just really enjoyed the event and I think you all will too.</p>

<p>For those who do not know, David Ziser has a really informative daily blog, <strong>Digital Pro Talk</strong>, which is always worth a read. I hope to get to one of the workshop nights myself.<br>

Susan</p>

<p>Well, in terms of plugging things.... David Ziser has 4 Lessons (each lesson has many tutorials) over at Kelby Training. Kelby Training costs some money but might be worth it for some.</p>

<p>And, if you are a NAPP member, then you will get a discount joining Kelby Training. And a NAPP membership is fairly inexpensive and if you order quite a bit from B&H it pays for itself since you get free shipping from B&H with a NAPP membership. </p>

<p>I got a free year WPPI membership just for attending, along with a bag of discounts and offers. They're giving away thousands of dollars worth of door prizes, including a 50D! I did not win the chance to win the grand prizes, but one lucky fellow in the audience did.</p>

<p>I took lots of notes, too. Very informative!</p>

<p>David also offers a great class at his studio about twice a year. I attended a number of years ago and still use much of what he taught. <br>

Not only is David a great photographer, but he's always on the cutting edge. Unlike many presenters, he's always totally forthcoming. He tells it all. It's not an infomercial to see his products, although his materials are excellent. Don't miss him....-Aimee</p>