David Jay Free to Succeed Tour - Recommendations?

steve_abrams2

Typically these tours involve a presentation and maybe a collection of vendors. It's a good way to get stuff at discount. I

really like David Jay's work, but he's in whole different league than your average photographer. So personally, if you're new

to wedding photography, I would save your money and invest in something that you can use over the long term. Far too

often, IMHO, presenters simply offer their personal stories as if they can be duplicated by many others, and they can't. I

hate to sound negative, but I've paid for a couple workshop tours like this and I came away with very little. I'm saving

money so that I can take a week long workshop offer by say David Ziser, where you get lots of hands-on instruction.

Anyway, just my two cents.

I've never shot with David, but I've seen him a few times at hotels and places like that where there are several weddings going on at one location. He'd be at one wedding and I'd be at another. The last time I saw him was at a hotel in Ventura, California for the rich and famous hide out and he and his brother were both working. His bro was doing video.

He's a very nice warm man, easy to approach and talk with. I'm sure he will put on a good seminar. He's a gifted photographer for sure and will give you all of the time you need to answer your questions.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm really excited about this tour and thanks for the nice comments everyone. <br><br>

This is an evening event from 6-10pm along with a Tailgate party for the bigger cities :) ....and to get more specifics <A

HREF="http://getit.davidjay.com/index.php?

main_page=index&cPath=8&zenid=68cea43c4e288012c2a5c666715273c0">click here</A>.<br><br>

Hope to see some of you there!<br>

DJ