Dasaga

d._david_young

<p>hello everyone<br>

I have one Lumedyne kit and it is costly to send to and from Dasaga to get the battery recelled. (besides the rules now in place to mail them in the USPS)<br>

my concerns are:<br>

1-is Dasaga Photographic still around (apologies if something happened to him) (I cannot access his website and his phone 405 682-3980 is "no longer in service")<br>

2-is there an alternative to the above or <br>

--should I just sell it as it is the 065 type which is the older one and tubes and stuff online are generally used and stick to Norman 200 portables? (parts are generally easier to access and one can use lead batteries.)<br>

thanks <br>

d david y </p>

<p>I am very sorry to tell you that Sam Kennedy, who *was* Dasaga Photographic, passed away suddenly a few months back. I regularly sent Norman gear to him for service--he was great, and always very helpful--but when I tried to contact him back in August for some repair work, his wife informed me of his passing. A real shame, sadly.</p>

<p>Fortunately, there is what seems a very good Norman resource still--contact Brent Hollister at hollyflash.com (brent@hollyflash.com, 1-800-988-7111). </p>

<p>Sam's widow said she was referring all his former business to them, as they had enjoyed a good relationship, and Brent was very patient and helpful when I got in touch with him, talking me through several options--and recommending the cheapest and in his opinion best--even though it meant I wouldn't end up sending work to him after all. I was well pleased, and I will definitely send things his way when they do indeed need servicing.</p>

<p>Hope that helps!</p>