D800 non-Nikon USA warranty

mark_norbom

<p>Never heard of FRC, so I guess the question would be just how reliable are they if you need a warranty repair? For that matter, will they be around after, say, three or four years if you need them?</p>

<p>Personally I would opt for the camera with the USA warranty.</p>

<p>IMHO the big advantage of getting a USA warranted Nikon is that in two or three years, if it needs service, Nikon USA will service it. They will not service a grey market camera. There's a lot of little stuff that can go wrong with a DSLR over the years. The security of knowing you can get the camera fixed by the folks who know how to fix it best, is worth the extra money to some of us. You need to decide if it's worth the extra money to you.</p>

<p>It is not clear to me wether the RFC camera is new or kind of "Refurbished"since it seems to be sold by a repair centre. <br>

It could also be a repaired/ reffurbished legal import camera,in which case there would not be a problem with future service from Nikon ( on own costs that is).</p>

<p>If its a repaired camera, i think i would rather buy a new one with full Nikon warranty after all...</p>