D800 keeps resetting exposure compensation at -1

jaymichaels

Every time I turn on my D800 after not using it for a day or so the exposure compensation is set at -1. I change it back to 0 and can turn the camera off and on it stays at 0. Can not find any setting in the menu for this and keep using the compensation button by the shutter release. What am I doing wrong? It not the battery same thing if the battery is left in or changed out after overnight storage

FWIW, custom option b6 gives you exposure fine tuning (which is the menu item kendunton mentions), if that saves you resetting everything. However, it doesn't appear in the viewfinder as an exposure compensation shift, you can only see it in the menu - it's combined with any other exposure compensation. The D800 manual is very explicit that the set exposure compensation doesn't change just because the camera's switched off, so it would be extremely odd for it to start drifting overnight.

Andrew Garrard I never saw this behaviour. Do you have "easy exposure compensation" enabled (could you be knocking a dial during storage)? You're sure nobody else in your house is using your camera?

Looks like this was the problem. c hanged the setting and all seems ok

Thanks everyone