D800/D7100 LCD Monitor Cover

rjmelone

<p>I can't find any reference to a screen protector in the D7100 manual, and the only ones I can find on-line are stick-on. I don't have access to a D7100 at the moment, but it doesn't look as though it has the indents above and below the screen that, on the D800 and D700, the screen protector clips into.<br />

<br />

I could be wrong, though.<br />

<br />

Edit: Shun snuck in while I was checking the manual. :-) For what it's worth, my D800 cover is pretty scratched (though I don't think I'm rough with it) - it's not super-tough, and tends to trap grit behind it that I always feel might scratch the actual screen. To clean it, I have to take the camera out of its L-bracket. Don't feel you're missing out. (Though I'm glad something's protecting my screen!)</p>

<p><em>"I kind of question the purpose of an LCD cover that scratches easier then the LCD."</em> Should you ever crack or scratch the LCD, you will have a better understanding of why many people choose to use some kind of cover.</p>

<p>I have just bought a Nikon refurbished D7000 after deciding I couldn't justify a D7100 (more than twice the price of my refurb. here in the UK). It seems excellent so far but oddly came without the monitor cover. The supplier is trying to get me one.<br>

As the D7100 now comes without a cover I did wonder if the screen is perhaps more stratch resistant than that on the D7000. Anyone know who has compared them?<br>

<br />By the way the D7000 is certainly an upgrade to my D40 and quite stunning at high ISO. Lots of questions to ask but not here ...<br /><br /></p>

<p>I use the Zagg Invisible shield on my Retina screen Ipad3, Zagg makes the same aircraft invisible<br>

plastic for Camera monitors and control panels. They make a D800 precision cut kit for the lcd<br>

monitor and control panel, $15, it doesn't need adhesive to stay on. The D7100 also uses<br>

a 3.2 in. monitor so even though Zagg doesn't have a part # it should fit the D7100.<br>

Its really hard to scratch. On the Ipad3 it works with the touch screen. The Retina<br>

display has a much higher pixel count than camera monitors and my photos displayed<br>

on the Retina display thru the Zagg screen look awesome.</p>