d7100 remote operation

justthings

<p>The specifications for the d7100 indicate that with a WU-1A and a free app</p>

<blockquote>

<p>installed on your smartphone or tablet (available for both Android and iOS), you can also remotely control the D7100. Use your phone or tablet as a Live View monitor to take shots without having the camera in your hands.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>This seems like it would be the answer to the articulated screens of the D5x00 series - a feature that I would like to use very much. After a day out shooting primarily macro, I'm even more convinced that this would be a huge capability, but what often sounds good in the specs doesn't always work out in practice and so I'm curious i anyone has been using this.</p>

<p>I have a D5100 and the screen is very useful. I don't do macro so much, but I do use the screen as a waist level finder. The D5200 has the same sensor as the D7100, but not the same AF.</p>

<p>Kent iN SD</p>

<p>Thanks Kent - There are things that are attractive to me about the 5200 but there are things I think i would miss from my d80 or want additional capability for - such as a bigger viewfinder, front command wheel, compatibility with non-afs lenses as well as ability to meter with older manual focus lenses. I'm a bit on the fence between the 7000 and 7100 so features like the ability to use my smartphone or a tablet as a remote and for live view are potentially important given my use.</p>

<p>As far as I can tell, the biggest difference between D7000 and D7100 is the improved AF system. Don't know about the smart phone deal. I don't even carry my cell phone with me consistently.</p>

<p>Kent in SD</p>