D7100 err MSG

Javier Gutierre

<p>Howdy folks. <br>

So my beloved D7100 is now giving me an Err MSG. No number just Err. It is behaving like a machine gun. Ultra fast shutter speeds and then it freezes. I have tried different lenses, removed the battery grip, cleaned the contacts and reset it. I am fairly sure it is out of warranty. I bought it when it first came out and did not buy an extended service contract. Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts? What is a reasonable amount of money to pay to have it repaired? Is it even worth it? Truth be told, I really do not need the body, but hate to see it broken. I feel like I have gotten my moneys worth considering all the joy it has brought me. What say thou?<br>

Thanks javier</p>

<p>Those unspecific Err messages are usually indications of some electronic errors.</p>

<p>If you have already cleaned the electronic contacts, have you tried different memory cards? It could be a memory card issue.</p>

<p>If it isn't one of the simple problems one can sort out at home, you may want to send it to Nikon or another repair shop for evaluation. You can always decline repair such that your only cost is shipping and some time. You can easily buy another D7100 for $500 or so or a refurb D7200 at $800-$900. With the D500 just around the corner, the entire D7000 series isn't going to worth all that much, especially the older D7100.</p>

<p>Speaking of the D500, didn't you already pre-order one?</p>

<p>Thanks Shun,<br>

You answered my question. The reason that body is so beloved by me is because I have 4 lenses that are perfectly matched for it individually. I mean as good as I believe they can be. So much so that I keep those lenses with that body in its own bag and keep them together. I know I can do the same with my other bodies and will do so.<br>

I do have the 7k, 72k, D750 and D800E and yes I do have the D500 pre ordered, so body is not the issue, but that one is. I have read that this is a great place to send Nikon equipment for repairs. <a href="http://www.nikoncamerarepair.com/">http://www.nikoncamerarepair.com/</a> Would this be where you would send yours to? </p>