D7000 Tethered

Discussion in 'Nikon' started by eric_m|4, Mar 13, 2012.

1. Does anyone shoot with any third party software when shooting with the D7000 tethered to laptop? What are the benefits to using it over nikon software ViewNX/Capture? Thanks

2. Lightroom. If you use Lightroom, the benefits are obvious. If you don't use Lightroom, here's a link to a pretty good overview of alternatives and their benefits. http://thephotogeek.com/choosing-nikon-dslr-camera-tethered-shooting-software/

3. Regardless, neither View NX nor Capture NX support tethered shooting. If you want to use Nikon software, it's Camera Control Pro that you're looking for. Which works very well, but ain't cheap.

4. On a Macintosh I've used the free bundled application Image Capture, which works pretty well, and there's also Apple's Aperture 3 for $80 that rivals Lightroom.

5. Since Lightroom is now about $145 and Nikon Camera Control is about $145, I'd go with Lightroom. They both have demos. Try them both out.
    Camera control is a good program, but it ties into ViewNX and/or CaptureNX to view your work, so you'd need both. ViewNX is free, so no biggie there. CaptureNX (also free demo) is another $135 or so, so you'd be at almost $300 for a straight Nikon setup.

6. I have A D7000 and I use Lightroom, So much easier and it works well.

7. DIYphotobits.com As long as you are running a windows machine it works and best of all it is free.

8. On a Mac try Sofortbild. It's free and on the App Store. Pretty good.

9. bms

bms

Lightroom?
    +1