D7000 File Storage Problem

rjmelone

<p>This is a new camera. I have it set to save images in both NEF (14 bit) and JPEG (large, fine) formats. There are times when the images are saved in both formats and other times when only the NEF file is saved. As an example, I’ll take 100 images and 100 NEF files are saved but only 16 JPEGs. I am using a SanDisk SDHC 8GB (Extreme III) memory card which is listed in the D7000 manual as an approved memory card. Is this a glitch with the camera? Any comments or suggestions are appreciated.</p>

<p>Are you filling the buffer? Shutting camera off during the cycle? And you're not inadvertantly changing the qual setting are you?</p>

<p>I've only shot in raw + jpeg a few times - never had any issues. Images where both in the same folder on the same card.</p>

<p>Dave</p>

<p>I would go through and do the following to cover yourself here -<br>

<br />1 - Go through all the relevant settings and change to something else. So, RAW+JPG to just RAW, and make sure it is set to save to just the CF card. <br>

2 - Turn it off. Turn it on. Shoot a few frames. <br>

3- Go in and change your settings back to RAW+JPG. <br>

4 - Turn it off. Turn it on. See if that fixes anything.</p>

<p>That should fix it. It fixes 99% of problems like this.<br>

If it doesn't I would see what happens if you set it to just JPG. If the same issue occurs, then talk to Nikon.</p>

<p>I don't shoot RAW + JPEG all that often, as I have RAW and can always generate a set of JPEGs afterwards. However, I have used that option on a number of Nikon DSLRs and have never had any problem.</p>

<p>The remaining issue is that the D7000 has two memory card slots. If you select RAW on one card and JPEG on another, you will only see RAW files on one card. If you have inserted and removed the second card, you could end up with RAW only when there are two cards in the camera and RAW + JPEG on the same card when there is only one available.</p>