D50 - Continuous Shooting Mode

anthony_sequeira

Hello all!

I just purchased the D50 and I am sure am thrilled so far!

One thing I am stumped on, however. For continuous shooting - I have only been

able to get it to do this with the Mode Dial set to Sports.

I was assumming that I could take advantage of continuous shooting mode with

the camera set to any mode.

Please forgive my ignorance.....one guess on my part is that perhaps I need a

better flash attachment for this mode to work when set to AUTO mode and the

camera detects I need a flash.

The documentation provided on continuous shooting mode was thin to say the

least.....

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help!

The continuous mode button is to the left of the viewfinder. Hold it down and rotate the command dial to change the camera to continuous mode. I can't remember if the auto-scene modes will let you use it (except sports mode obviously), but it works in P/A/S modes. When I first tried to use it I was quite dissapointed by the speed (seemed like about 1 FPS), but then I discovered that if you change round the AF mode (e.g. to continuous AF) or switch to manual focus, you can easily get the specified maximum continous rate. On JPEG fine, you seem to be able to shoot dozens of pictures continuously before the buffer fills up (with a fast SD card anyway).

Hope this helps.

Quote=Anthony

Please forgive my ignorance.....one guess on my part is that perhaps I need a better flash attachment for this mode to work when set to AUTO mode and the camera detects I need a flash.

There in lies the problem. The continuous shooting will work in the modes mentioned above, but everyone seemed to miss you were trying to fire your flash. If it needs to recycle to full charge, it will not fire until ready to do so. Try it without the flash and you will be good to go.

Wow - this forum is awesome! Thanks to everyone (escpecially David) - for the help!

I just took the unit outside - set it to Auto - Continusous Shooting Mode - and it was firing very rapidly.

So now - in order to shoot in Auto Mode/Continuous - in an environment where I actually need the flash - I would need to upgrade to a better external flash attachemnt, correct?

I presume that is why these products are called Speedlights??

Can anyone tell I am an amateur?

Thanks again everyone!