D3100 BULB settings

joseph_zammit1

<p>Actually, at least for my purposes, the MC-DC2 is far superior to wireless infrared remotes. The IR sensor polls the light a couple of times per second which means that the timing is subject to that kind of inaccuracy. So with IR, it's impossible to fire two cameras simultaneously, whereas it can be done easily with the MC-DC2 interface. I have not tried to do this with the D3100 though, but I'm happy that the IR remotes are history as a few years ago one had to pay for a D300 to get electrical remote control... very expensive for a simple task.</p>

<p>Electrical remote control is not only useful because of its more precise timing but also for remote control of cameras in various applications (when triggering is done by machine, why have a superfluous IR link which may not even work reliably in all lighting conditions when you can just have a cable from control unit to camera?)</p>

<p>I can't confirm this as I don't have the wireless, but the local retailer I bought the wired one from, noted that unless you are in 'front' of the camera, or at least to one side, it won't work. The wired one, OTOH, works from anywhere.</p>

<p>This is a tricky question. I have the d3000 which uses the wireless remote. So it comes down to this.. How often do you plan to be in the frame of your picture ?? With the cable remote you can stand behind the camera. The wireless model you have to point at a sensor on the front or bounce off a solid object. I personally haven't had problems with my hand being in the frame but it remains a problem for some. I guess it comes down to what kind of pictures you plan to take. But again I'll refrain the first answer, you can't use a wireless remote with the 3100. An ill informed salesman at Ritz Camera tried to tell me you could.</p><div>00ZFEn-393189584.jpg.8a4beaaf0983b23a19e1820dda826a20.jpg</div>