D3 not working with radio trigger

garry edwards

<p>The title says it all, but details as follows, and the same problem with 2 D3 cameras:</p>

<p>Hotshoe works with SB-800 & SB-900 but not with a standard radio trigger transmitter plugged into the hotshoe, needed to fire a studio flash head. It does work however with a cord connected between the camera body and the radio trigger transmitter.</p>

<p>The same radio trigger works perfectly with other cameras, e.g. D300</p>

<p>If anyone has any ideas, I'd be very grateful.</p>

<p>I'm not sure whether this is even relevant, but which radio trigger are you using? And are you using the 10-pin terminal? For example, I use an older style set of Pocket Wizards with my D2H and the LPA interface cord with pre-release option. Since the D2H and SB-800 don't need the pre-release "keep awake" option I just set it to normal mode. Whether I use the Pocket Wizard to trigger a remote flash, or to trigger the camera without flash, this seems to work for me.</p>

<p>I don't know if this helps, but I had surprising difficulty getting a Nikon SC-29 TTL flash cable to function from the D3 until I got it seated <em>just so</em> . It had to be quite snug, and this a Nikon made cable. As you say, your setup is a simple two wire contact, so it seems it is either making contact or it isn't, without anything further to go on. </p>