D1H, Memory and Cable and Batteries

andrew_gale

<p>Im buying a D1H and I was trying to find out what memory will work in it. I was hoping to be able to just buy a regular CF card, maybe an 8/133 or 8/233, but alas, i think i will have to look for something more primative.<br>

So basically, <strong>what is the newest and fastest memory card that will work with the D1H?</strong></p>

<p>My second question is, what kind of cable will I need to transfer images to the computer? My laptop has a little square firewire port so do I look for one that has that on both ends or what?<br>

My third is, I have heard that polaroid makes the best D1 batteries, is this true? If not, who does and where can I buy one?<br>

Thanks, Galen</p>

<p>Dieter is correct, the D1 series is limited to 2GB. Unless you're doing long continuous bursts, you don't need a fast card. I don't know how fast the camera is capable of writing, but I've never filled the buffer in mine.</p>

<p>The firewire port on the camera requires a 6 pin "alpha" connector.</p>

<p>Batteries - mine are from the big auction site, but the quality is hit or miss. The first pair I bought lasted about half a year, the current pair (from a different seller) are going on 2 years and still hold a good charge.</p>