D-Lux 4...Phase One Capture One v. LR4

<p>I just picked up an as-new D-Lux 4 from B&H for $300. Bargain.<br>

This model comes with Phase One Capture 1 software for free. I'd be interested in hearing from any other owners who run the D-Lux 4 with Lightroom. I'm particularly interested in comparing the respective Raw converters. <br>

Obviously Leica has blessed Phase One and tempting though it is to run this, would I be better served with LR4 due to the extensive user community?</p>

I use Capture One with various cameras. Please check before use, if your version supports lens distortion correction for

your camera - I was amazed to see the "real raw" shots from my Canon S95, for instance. Humongous barrel distortion,

that is autocorrected in Canon's own Raw converter. I have no idea, what LR does, but Google probably knows :-)

Otherwise, I am very happy with Capture One.

<p>Thanks for the info. I have come from a Nikon film and digital world using ViewNX2 etc so this is a new experience.</p>

<p>I checked the Leica site and the current version of firmware is 2.2 which I saw was supported by LR4. I'm sure it will be supported by Capture One. I have a friend who shoots MF Leaf and he uses Capture One and he loves it.</p>

<p>Decisions, decisions...</p>